segunda-feira, 14 de março de 2011

Relative Pronouns

Use whowhom for people.                    The policeman who  reported the accident has red hair.
                                                                      The children to whom we gave the sweets are over there.
Use which  for things  or animals            This is the picture which  caused such a sensation.


Use whose for possession.                        That´s the man whose daughter is Lisa.


We use that for people, things or animals.  This is the ship that I travelled on.
                                                                            That's the child that you helped.

Exercises

Make one sentence from two.

1. Talk to the teacher. He will give you some information about the test.
2. I know a lady. She can speak ten languages.
3. That bus goes to Lisbon. It leaves in half an hour.
4. English is a subject. I've always been good at it.
5. A teacher is a person. His job is to teach students.
6. I have a house. It was built in the 19th century.
7. That's the girl. I saw her in the party.
8. The writer is very famous. I met him yesterday.
9. She is a writer. I admire her articles.
10.This is the nice girl . I met her in New York.
11. There are many teenagers. They don't have the Internet at home.
12. The book is about a boy. He wants to be a famous actor.
13. I can't lend you the CD. My mother bought it to me.
14. Jason bought a new laptop. His mother won the lottery.
15.That's the woman. Her brother works in my office.
Answers
1.Talk to the teacher who/that will give you some information about the test.
2.I know a lady who/that can speak ten languages.
3. That bus which/that goes to Lisbon leaves in half an hour.
4.English is a subject which/that I've always been good at.
5. A teacher is a person whose job is to teach students.
6. I have a house which/that was built in the 19th century.
7. That's the girl who/that I saw at the party.
8. The writer who/that I met yesterday is very famous.
9. She's a writer whose articles I admire.
10. This is the nice girl who/that I met in New York.
11. There are many teenagers who/that don't have nternet at home.
12. The book is about a boy who/that wants to be a famous actor.
13. I can't lend you the CD that/which my mother bought  to me.
14. Jason ,whose mother won the lottery, bought a new laptop.
15.That's the woman whose brother works in my office.






Sem comentários: